The City Auditor’s Fraud Hotline provides City of Portland employees and the public with a confidential mechanism to report suspected fraud, waste or misuse of City resources, and abuse of position.
Call 866-342-4148 or visit the Fraud Hotline website to file a complaint.
The Hotline is operated through an outside vendor to ensure security and confidentiality.
You may file an anonymous complaint or provide contact information. If you choose to file an anonymous complaint, note the Report Key issued to you after completing your report and check back periodically. We frequently have follow-up questions or need additional information. The Report Key is unique to your complaint and only made available to you. The Report Key will allow you to review your report’s status and to answer any follow-up or requests for additional information.
When you call or submit your information online, provide as much detail as possible including who, what, when, where, and how. Be as descriptive as possible including dates, names, location, amounts, and witnesses. If available, provide documentation to substantiate your report.
Reports will be received by the Audit Services Division of the City Auditor's Office. After an initial review, reports may be investigated further by Audit Services or may be referred to a more appropriate agency for further investigation, review, or response.
The Fraud Hotline was formerly called the OpenCity Tipline.
Frequently asked questions about the Auditor's Fraud Hotline
Other resources for complaints outside of the Auditor's Fraud Hotline jurisdiction
Types of reportable incidents accepted by the Auditor's Fraud Hotline
Published reports from Fraud Hotline investigations
- 2019 Fraud Hotline Annual Report - 4/16/2020
- Fraud Hotline Report: Golf director's working retirement wasted money - 2/19/2020
- Fraud Hotline Report: Police Bureau put money that could have been used for other City priorities at risk when it failed to remedy concerns about grant funds - 3/11/2020
- Fraud Hotline Report: Procurement card misuse in the Parks Ranger Program - 5/22/2020
- Fraud Hotline Report: Tip alleged procurement and ethics violations within the Water Bureau - 2/27/2020