Service Level Update:
Temporary Discontinuation of IVR Credit Card Payment Option and
Changes to the BDS Online Permitting System
Updated September 10, 2015. The City of Portland is currently responding to a Payment Card Industry (PCI) audit. In an effort to mitigate issues identified in the audit findings, some Bureau customers will experience an interruption to services that involve credit card payments. As part of these efforts, the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) is working with its credit card payment vendor to improve the security features of our system, protect our customer’s personal and financial information, and reach compliance for future PCI Audits. This work will temporarily impact the ability to pay for additional inspections using the Interactive Voice Request (IVR) system and Building Code Appeals.
Updated: This work will also impact the Bureau’s online permitting system for simple trade permits. The system will be unavailable on Friday, September 4, 2015 between 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM while upgrades to the system are in progress.
Starting September 1, 2015:
- BDS will be unable to accept payment for additional inspections or other fees through the Interactive Voice Request (IVR) system.
- The Bureau will also be unable to accept pre-registered or fax credit card payments for Building Code Appeals.
Updated: Starting September 4, 2015
- On Friday, September 4, 2015, the BDS Permits Online webpage received upgrades that enhanced security and brought it into compliance with PCI standards. Because of this, the system will not save your credit card information – you will have to enter it with each transaction.
- Minor additional changes to the webpage are described on the home page for BDS Permits Online.
Improvement to our credit card payment system is scheduled to be completed in June 2016. BDS will then resume payment features through the IVR system.
While these services are not available:
- Customers who have requested the allotted number of inspections for their permit and need to purchase additional ones must call 503-823-9291 to arrange purchase of the additional inspections. After making these arrangements, payment must be made in the BDS offices at the Development Service Center (DSC) or by mailing a check in to BDS Offices. To call for hours of operation of the DSC phone 503-823-7310, and select option 1. Customers will not be able to pay for additional inspections using the IVR system.
- Building Code Appeal Fees can be paid by mailing a check to the BDS offices at the address listed on the form, or accepted at the 5th floor reception area at 1900 SW 4th Avenue. If paying in person, a check can be dropped off between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm. If payment is to be made by credit card, please visit during the Development Services Center hours of operation. Please see the Building Code Appeal webpage for details.
BDS recognizes our business and community partners’ reliance on the services and resources we provide, and apologize for any inconvenience this temporary change in service creates. For more information contact Ross Caron, BDS Public Information Officer at Ross.Caron@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-4268.