The Portland Water Bureau is repairing an aging water main (pipe) underneath the bridge deck on SE Holgate Blvd. and the I-205 freeway. To access the water main, crews will narrow the eastbound lane through the summer of 2020.
- Vehicle lanes: East and westbound lanes on Holgate will remain open, but the eastbound lane will be narrowed.
- Park & Ride and MAX: Access to the Holgate Park & Ride and MAX Stop will remain open.
- I-205 Multiuse path: The path, including the crossing at Holgate will remain open.
- Bus: The TriMet bus stop on the south side of Holgate at the Holgate MAX Station (Stop ID 13218) will be temporarily relocated 200 feet to the west.
- Bike: The eastbound bike path on Holgate will be closed. Bicycles should detour onto the sidewalk.
- Sidewalk: Sidewalks will remain open.
No homes or businesses will be out of service while the main is repaired.
The traveling public is reminded to stay alert and use caution as traffic may suddenly slow or stop. To avoid traffic delays, motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes around the work site.
For more information about this project, visit portlandoregon.gov/water/holgate205.