If you’re not someone who is great at fixing things, there’s always YouTube. Even better, there’s Fix-it Fair!
These free events are designed to help you create a safe, healthy home while saving money and connecting to community resources. And, as the name implies, you can learn to fix things.
TWO FREE WATER WORKSHOPS:
- Home Plumbing and Water Quality: Learn how to protect your family and receive a FREE lead-in-water test kit to find out if your home plumbing is adding lead to your drinking water. We’ll walk through basic home plumbing troubleshooting and everyone goes home with a free water bottle and guide to water quality and pressure.
- Saving Water Makes Cents! Get tips for easy toilet repairs, like replacing your flapper valve or adjusting your float, and walk through how to check for water leaks using your water meter. We’ll go over a typical bill and highlight easy ways to save money. Free water bottles will be available while supplies last.
FREE STUFF: Stop by our table to
- order a free lead test kit
- pick up free water and money-saving devices* (showerheads, aerators, etc.)
- learn how to get help paying your water bill
- You’ll also find other interesting workshops, ongoing exhibits, and great giveaways
FREE FIX: Bring one item to be fixed by a Repair PDX volunteer, while learning how to do it yourself. You can bring a small countertop appliance, such as a toaster, or an article of clothing.
FREE CHILDCARE: There’s no need to register – just show up!
FREE LUNCH: A healthy sack lunch is provided!
10800 SE Washington St, Portland, OR 97216
Saturday, February 29
9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
*Portland Water Bureau customers may order free water conservation devices at any time: