(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 172788, 179141, 187261 and 189789, effective January 10, 2020.) A vehicle may be towed and held at the expense of the owner or person entitled to possession thereof from:
A. Any public right-of-way, city owned or operated property, parking lot, public park or other public place or property, when:
1. The vehicle is parked in violation of a temporary or permanent parking restriction;
2. The vehicle is parked unlawfully or in a manner that may be hazardous to traffic;
3. The vehicle is parked on City‑owned or operated property without express City permission;
4. The vehicle was used in committing a traffic or parking violation for which an unserved warrant or citation is on file with the clerk of the Circuit court;
5. The vehicle has been reported stolen;
6. The vehicle or its contents is to be used as evidence in traffic or criminal prosecutions;
7. The vehicle is in possession of a person taken into custody by a law enforcement agency;
8. The vehicle is parked in a space that is marked as reserved for disabled persons unless such vehicle conspicuously displays appropriate decals, insignia, or registration plates as required by state statutes;
9. The vehicle is parked in violation of any parking regulation;
10. The vehicle is an abandoned vehicle, as defined in 16.90.005; or
11. The vehicle is stored on the street in violation of 16.20.170.
B. Permanent parking restrictions may be enforced by tow 24 hours after placement in any meter or non meter areas.
C. Private property if:
1. The vehicle is parked or stopped without the permission of the person in control of such property; or
2. In violation of this Title.
D. Temporary parking restrictions may be enforced by tow 24 hours after placement in any non meter area.
E. Temporary parking restrictions may be enforced by tow in any meter district if the space reservation device or signs are in place, and verified,
1. By 12:30 p.m. the prior day if the meters are in effect until 6 p.m. within the meter district. Towing may continue each day for the duration of the temporary parking restrictions days and times, and no additional verification is required; or,
2. By 1:30 p.m. the prior day if the meters are in effect until 7 p.m. or later within the meter district. Towing may continue each day for the duration of the temporary parking restrictions days and times, and no additional verification is required.