1. Substantive amendments to this Title or amendments necessary to ensure conformance with other City Titles may be prepared by any bureau but will be coordinated by the Bureau charged with those responsibilities in the Title in consultation with the Bureaus of Planning and Sustainability, Parks and Recreation, Development Services, Environmental Services, Transportation and Water.
2. Technical corrections and matters of simple clarification may be prepared and approved by the Auditor or City Attorney.
B. Urban Forestry Commission (UFC). The UFC shall hold at least one public hearing for proposed amendments to this Title before making a recommendation on such an amendment. A hearing is not required for technical corrections or amendments needed to ensure conformance with other City Titles.
C. Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC). The PSC may provide input on the proposed amendments to the UFC. The PSC shall hold a public hearing for any proposed substantive amendments to Chapter 11.50 Trees In Development Situations, Chapter 11.60 Technical Specifications, or Chapter 11.70 Enforcement. A hearing is not required for technical corrections or amendments needed to ensure conformance with other City Titles.
D. Notification Requirements.
1. UFC or PSC Hearing. Notice of any public hearing held by the UFC or PSC to consider a proposed substantive amendment to this Title shall be mailed to Metro, the Oregon Department of Transportation, all recognized organizations, affected bureaus and interested persons who have requested such notice. Notice shall also be published in a recognized newspaper and mailed at least 30 days prior to the hearing.
2. The Urban Forestry Commission shall additionally be notified of any amendment needed to ensure conformance with other City titles or technical corrections a minimum of 14 days prior to a final decision.
3. City Council Hearing. Notice of the hearing shall be mailed to those who testified at the UFC hearing, either in person or in writing, or those who requested such notice. If hearings were not held by the UFC or PSC, notice shall be mailed to all affected bureaus and persons who have requested such notice. Notice shall be published in a recognized newspaper and mailed at least 14 days prior to the hearing.
4. The notifications required by this Section shall be the responsibility of the Bureau coordinating the amendment or technical correction.
E. City Council. The City Council shall hold at least one public hearing on all amendments that are not considered technical. City Council makes the final decision on amendments, after considering the recommendations of the UFC and PSC and after hearing testimony from the public.
F. Declaring an emergency. City Council may declare an emergency in accordance with the City Charter and amend this Title and associated Administrative Rules without following the process set out in this Section.