(Amended by Ordinance No. 167130, effective Nov. 24, 1993.) The City Engineer shall maintain a list of items and services which are either approved or prohibited for sale from sidewalk vending carts. Any item or service not on the list may be considered for approval based on the following criteria:
A. All items or services to be sold must:
1. Be vended from a regulation size vending cart;
2. Not lead to or cause congestion or blocking of pedestrian traffic on the sidewalk;
3. Involve a short transaction period to complete the sale or render the service;
4. Not cause undue noise or offensive odors;
5. Be easily carried by pedestrians.
Requests to have an item or service considered for approval shall be submitted in writing to the City Engineer who shall determine whether the item or service conforms to the above criteria. If the item or service conforms to the above criteria, it shall be listed as approved for sale by sidewalk vendors. If the item or service does not conform, it shall be listed as prohibited for sale by sidewalk vendors. The decision of the City Engineer if adverse to the party making the request, may be appealed to the Council.