GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-4000
(Amended by Ordinance No. 176874 and 186794, effective October 3, 2014.) There is designated an official flag for the City to be known as the City flag and described as follows:
A. The standard size measures 5 feet in length by 3 feet in height. The background shall be green, symbolizing the forests and our green City. The design includes a four-pointed directional star, formed by the vertical and horizontal intersection of counterchanged light blue stripes, symbolizing our rivers. The blue stripes are paralleled with yellow stripes, symbolizing agriculture and commerce. The yellow stripes are separated from the green background and the blue river stripes by white lines called fimbriations. The white central star is positioned slightly left of center, toward the staff end of the flag, called the hoist. The design components are in multiples of 1 inch units, and the following description refers to the units within the basic design as viewed from the front side. Any variation in flag size must be based on the diagonal proportions of the basic design; i.e., when a length is selected, the height is determined by the intersection of the vertical at one end of the length, with the diagonal projection of the original design. The flag size is then divided into units similar to the original design.
B. The following is a description of the component parts of the flag: The center point of the white star formed at the intersection of the counterchanged center band of the intersection is 26-1/2 inches (units) from the left (staff) side, and 17 inches (units) from the top. The star is 9 inches (units) high and wide, with four concave sides, and is formed at the intersection of the vertical and horizontal blue stripes by 4 inch radius quarter circles at the ends of the stripes.
C. The sizes of the background sections are as follows:
1. Canton (upper left hand section) 18 inches (units) wide and 14-1/2 inches (units) high,
2. Upper right hand section is 30 inches (units) wide and 9-1/2 inches (units) high,
3. Lower right hand section is 25 inches (units) wide and 14-1/2 inches (units) high,
4. Lower left hand section is 23 inches (units) wide and 9-1/2 inches (units) high,
D. The widths of the stripes are as follows:
1. The center band of blue is 4 inches (units) wide,
2. The flanking bands of white are 1 inch (unit) wide,
3. The yellow bands flanking the white are 2 inches (units) wide, and the outer bands of white flanking the yellow are 1 inch (unit) wide,
4. The total width of the arms is 12 inches (units).
E. All cloth colors are to be standard colors used for the fabrication of flags, and meeting the U.S. Flag Specifications for cotton and nylon. Colors are: White - White; Blue - U.N. Blue; Yellow - Golden Yellow; Green - Kelly or Irish Green. On printed or painted flags the colors shall match the following colors of the Pantone® Matching System (PMS): White; Blue - No. 279; Green - No. 349; Yellow - No. 1235.
(Repealed by Ordinance No. 176874, effective October 4, 2002).