With the 2035 Comprehensive Plan scheduled to take effect on Thursday, May 24 at 1 p.m., the bureaus of Planning and Sustainability and Development Services are working to ensure a smooth transition.
As part of the transition process, all of the amended Zoning Maps and Zoning Code pages are being updated, as well as a variety of online resources.
The BDS Permit Center is typically closed Thursday afternoons, which allows City staff a few hours to make the transition. Zoning Code page updates will occur over several hours on Thursday afternoon. While not all of the Zoning Code pages were amended with the Comprehensive Plan Update, users of the Zoning Code should note that all code pages are being reprinted in an updated format. New zoning will be available on Portland Maps at midnight on May 24, ready for business on Friday, May 25.
Visitors to the BPS website on Friday will notice a number of other changes, in addition to new codes and maps. This includes:
- A new streamlined 2035 Comprehensive Plan website that will make it easier to locate key resources.
- A new interactive map tool to provide easier browsing of the Zoning Map and Comprehensive Plan map.
- Final reports for the Early Implementation Project, Map Refinement Project and Code Reconciliation Projects will be moved to the BPS Documents Library and will still be available as a resource for those who need to research what changed.
- The old 1980 Comprehensive Plan is also being moved to the BPS Document Library, and will remain available as an historical document.
- For those who need to research the old zoning maps, there is a tool for that.
With all of these changes, we suggest you refresh your browser history on Friday! This story will be updated with any new links after the transition is complete.