Simple Bathroom Permit Program
Interested in getting a bathroom permit without drawing plans? Read below to learn more about the Simple Bathroom Permit process and how to apply.
- Interior only; no exterior alterations
- No changes to load bearing framing
- No more than 3 toilets on the property
- Located in a permitted structure in the primary residence (not in an accessory structure)
- Sink must be located in room with the toilet and/or shower or bath
*Please note other criteria may apply including but not limited to party sewers and/or code violations on property.
Disclaimer: This permit applies only to the bathroom(s) described in the attached application and any fixtures therein. This permit does not legalize any other spaces within the structure or on the site. Any additional information or drawings provided to BDS for the location listed on this form have not and will not be reviewed, approved, or inspected. Any additional work or approval of existing conditions on the site may require a separate building permit and will be subject to review of permit history and existing structures.
- Complete the Criteria page including property address and signature (electronic signature accepted)
- Complete a Building Permit Application. If homeowner is performing the work, complete a Construction Responsibilities Form
- Complete trade permit applications (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
- After emailing us, a BDS permit technician with residential inspections will contact you to confirm application receipt
- Applications will be reviewed within 5 business days
- A notification will be sent when permit fees are due
- After fees are paid schedule a preconstruction meeting through the IVR system 503-823-7000 using the IVR # and inspection code 295
- Questions? Call 503-823-9258 or email your questions to SBP@portlandoregon.gov