We are looking for a transformational leader to direct the Audit Services Division. The Director of Audit Services leads a staff of 11, including 10 seasoned performance auditors, and is a member of the Auditor’s management team. Access the online application process here. The deadline is Nov. 17, 2017.
The successful candidate must demonstrate capacity and commitment to conducting equity analyses, employing modern methods of communicating audit results, and proactively protecting the independence of Audit Services. Audit Services follows Government Auditing Standards. The Director is responsible for effectively managing staff and guiding audits through the planning, fieldwork, and reporting process in accordance with these professional standards. The position requires strong management skills, political acumen, and the ability to present audit findings clearly and persuasively. It requires a leader who initiates ideas, is dedicated to continuous improvement, can master new techniques, and implement change.
The Auditor’s Office values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion in delivering public services and everyday interactions in the workplace. The Office prefers candidates with experience working with a broad range of individuals and diverse communities.
Competitive candidates typically have:
- At least eight years of progressively responsible experience in auditing or a related field, such as journalism, performance evaluation, economics or public administration.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience.
Competitive candidates also must have a demonstrated record of:
- Effective management, including motivating and evaluating staff performance;
- Synthesizing complex information and editing text;
- Applying quantitative and qualitative analytical methods;
- Communicating results in a variety of formats;
- Creating a respectful environment that reflects living and working in a multicultural society.
Experience with equity issues and analysis based on race, gender, and income is a plus.