Office of the Ombudsman
File a complaint about a City Bureau online
Other websites you may find helpful
- 211 Info
- Bureau of Labor and Industries Civil Rights Division
- City Risk Liability Program
- City/County Information and Referral
- Department of Community Services
- DEQ Small Business Ombudsman
- Governor's Advocacy Office
- Governor's Citizens' Representative
- Insurance Division Advocacy Team
- Manufactured Communities Resource Center
- Metro Accountability Hotline
- Multnomah County Auditor's Good Government Hotline
- Oregon Government Waste Hotline
- Oregon Health and Science University Patient Complaints
- Oregon Health Authority Ombudsperson
- Oregon Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Oregon Ombudsman for Injured Workers
- Small Business Advocate
- United States Ombudsman Association
FAQs, Code and Policies
Publications of the Office of the Ombudsman
Selected investigations by category (2012 - present)
The Ombudsman in the news
- "City investigating Portland firm over possible $2 million fraud." The Oregonian. April 19, 2019.
- "City leaders call for review of debt collection practices after KGW investigation." KGW 8. December 17, 2019.
- "Portland has broken its promise to keep neighborhoods safe from demolition contaminants." Willamette Week. November 12, 2019.
- Press releases
- News from 2018 and older
- Steve Duin: "A cheap shot from the City of Portland." The Oregonian. November 8, 2019.
- "City of Portland sent evicted homeowner to collections over unpaid water bill, sued him twice." KGW 8. January 27, 2020.
- "'It's not a humane system': City of Portland sending low income and homeless to private collection agency." KGW 8. December 16, 2019.