Prepare your holiday tree for pick-up by removing all tinsel, lights, ornaments, wire, nails, stands and other materials that cannot be composted. Trees covered in fake snow are not accepted for composting and must be disposed of as garbage.
Curbside Collection: Tree Pieces
- Cut the trunk and branches into pieces less than 36 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.
- Ensure that any tree pieces in your green compost roll cart do not poke above the lip of the cart. Weight limit is 135 pounds.
- Tie bundles securely with string or twine. Weight limit is 45 pounds.
- Put extra bundles or cans at the curb on your collection day for an additional $3.75 each.
Curbside Collection: Whole Trees
- Put trees that are under 6 feet next to your green compost roll cart at the curb on collection day for $4.85.
- Cut trees down to 6 feet to ensure driver safety.
Nonprofit Pick-up: Whole Trees
- Contact Metro online or call 503-234-3000 to find tree drop-off locations or to arrange a pick-up by a nonprofit organization for a fee.