BPS is currently seeking interns for a Community Service Aide (CSA) position with the Climate Action program. The CSA will support work on implementation and tracking of Portland’s 2015 Climate Action Plan. Under supervision of program staff, the CSA will be responsible for updating Portland’s annual carbon emissions inventory, including collection and processing of data for input to ClearPath, an online database. The project presents an opportunity for the CSA to learn about regional and international practices and methods for public sector carbon accounting.
Applicants should have:
- Familiarity with the science of climate change and principles of climate planning
- Ability to manage excel spreadsheets, complex data sets, and web-based database software
- Ability to work with partners and other public agencies for data collection
- Clear and concise writing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep data organized and clearly document methods, assumptions and findings
- Flexibility, initiative, and ability to work as part of a team
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by December 27, 2017.
See the full job description and application process for more details.