Grants are available now from the City of Portland to help promote home deconstruction, to build capacity within the industry and to encourage efficiencies and innovation.
Grant program features easy-to-use online application
- Funds are available for a limited time.
- Maximum grant awards: $2,500 for full deconstruction; $500 for partial projects.
- Applications will be reviewed and selected weekly.
- Applications are restricted to projects involving the full removal of a house or duplex within the Portland city limits.
- Find the online application at www.ExploreDecon.com.
Deconstruction helps achieve the policies and actions related to the current efforts of the Climate Action Plan Update and the Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Salvaging reusable material supports the local economy by supporting six to eight jobs for every one job associated with traditional mechanized demolition and creates viable local enterprises.
- Deconstruction offers an affordable option for residents and businesses to acquire quality used building materials.
- Deconstruction offers greater carbon benefits by preserving the embodied energy of existing building materials and avoiding the creation of greenhouse gasses associated with adding waste materials to the landfill.