Grants are available now from the City of Portland to help promote home deconstruction, to build capacity within the industry and to encourage efficiencies and innovation.
Grant program features easy-to-use online application
- Funds are available for a limited time.
- Maximum grant awards: $2,500 for full deconstruction; $500 for partial projects.
- Applications will be reviewed and selected weekly.
- Applications are restricted to projects involving the full removal of a house or duplex within the Portland city limits.
- Find the online application at www.ExploreDecon.com.
Deconstruction helps achieve the policies and actions related to the current efforts of the Climate Action Plan Update and the Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Salvaging reusable material supports the local economy by supporting six to eight jobs for every one job associated with traditional mechanized demolition and creates viable local enterprises.
- Deconstruction offers an affordable option for residents and businesses to acquire quality used building materials.
- Deconstruction offers greater carbon benefits by preserving the embodied energy of existing building materials and avoiding the creation of greenhouse gasses associated with adding waste materials to the landfill.
For more information on deconstruction or to apply for a grant, please visit www.ExploreDecon.com or contact Shawn Wood at email@example.com or 503-823-5468