Mayor Charlie Hales challenges Portland businesses to take action on climate change. To join the fight, commit to implement at least two of these actions by Earth Day 2016:
- Meet at least 50 percent of business electricity needs from renewable sources.
- Install LED bulbs in all lights that are on for extended periods.
- Provide incentives to employees to commute by transit, carpool, bicycle or on foot.
- Power at least 20 percent of company vehicles by electricity or low-carbon fuels.
- Provide at least one on-site EV charging station for employees.
- Participate in food-scrap collection.
Thank you to Elephants Delicatessen, Pacific Continental Bank, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Indow, Trillium Asset Management, CH2M Hill, Widmer Brothers Brewing and Moda Health for kicking off the challenge!
Sign on to the challenge and see all participating businesses at www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/climate.