It’s been a long, dry summer so far and Portland lawns are looking more like golden fields than lush green carpets.
To keep your plants alive and use water wisely, the Portland Water Bureau has free hose nozzles, watering gauges, and water-wise plant guides.
- Hose Nozzle: Avoid running a hose unchecked when watering by hand.
- Watering Gages: Measure how much water is being put down on the grass when using a sprinkler. Sign up for the weekly watering number that tells you how much to water based on the weather.
- Water-Efficiency Plant Guide: While it is not a good time to plant new landscapes, this full-color guide is a great tool for planning. Make smart plant choices for your landscape here in the Willamette Valley.
Get your Hands on Free Water-Saving Tools
- Visit the Water Bureau Customer Service Center at 1120 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, Oregon.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 503-823-7439