The Thanksgiving holiday is a time for reflection. At BPS we are thankful for our many partners and their collaboration, great ideas and passion for our local community. Portland's tireless volunteers and organizations have helped the City with their immense expertise and commitment.
This year, hundreds of Portlanders have been involved with BPS projects and policy development to make them a success. A handful of examples include
- Policy Expert Groups for the Comprehensive Plan process
- Sustainability at Work Partners
- The Planning and Sustainability Commission
- Advisory committees for West Hayden Island, Central City 2035, North/Northeast Quadrant, the food zoning code revision, SE 122nd and more.
- Master Recyclers
- Fix-It Fair Partners and Volunteers
Speaking of Fix-It Fairs, we have organized these neighborhood events for nearly 25 years! The fairs are a fun way to help Portlanders save energy and money, reduce toxics, learn how to do minor household repairs, and fix healthy, inexpensive meals. These popular fairs wouldn’t be possible without help from the community — event volunteers and sponsors alike.
We give thanks to our Fix-It Fair partners: Energy Trust of Oregon, Pacific Power, Portland Housing Bureau, Portland General Electric and Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center, and all our amazing volunteers.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.
All the best,
Bureau of Planning and Sustainability